Led by Tea Party favorites Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) and Ted Yoho (R-Fla.), 25 constitutionally principled Representatives voted against John “Business as Usual” Boehner as House Speaker.
25 votes against is double last time and fell just four votes short of getting a caucus discussion/fight, and a second ballot.
Talking about “I wish I had a Spine” Boehner, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said
“I am convinced Congress will not be allowed to restore its Constitutional authority under his Speakership and by refusing to do so, cannot call upon the courts to do so. How then, can I take an oath to the Constitution and put up a vote for John Boehner, almost in the same breath?”
I agree with Steve, and these 25 patriots who clearly understand their oath is to the Constitution, fidelity to the rule of law is paramount.
Didn’t take John the Statist long to punish his opposition. Almost immediately, Webster is removed from the House Rules Committee along with Representative Richard Nugent, a fellow Floridian who voted for Webster. Alternative views not welcome is the message. Nice. I’m sure other shoes will drop.
- Webster: 12
- Gohmert: 3
- Yoho: 2
- Jordan: 2
- Others/”present”: 6
Bravo to those voting against, demonstrating they understand their oath:
- Justin Amash (Mich.) — Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio)
- Brian Babin (Tex.) — “present”
- Rod Blum (Iowa) — Rep. Dan Webster (R-Fla.)
- Dave Brat (Va.) — Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-S.C.)
- Jim Bridenstine (Okla.) — Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.)
- Curt Clawson (Fla.) — Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.)
- Scott DesJarlais (Tenn.) — Jordan
- Duncan — Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.)
- Scott Garrett (N.J.) — Webster
- Chris Gibson (N.Y.) — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)
- Paul Gosar (Ariz.) — Webster
- Gohmert — Gohmert
- Tim Huelskamp (Kan.) — Webster
- Walter Jones (N.C.) — Webster
- Steve King — Webster
- Tom Massie (Ky.) — Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.)
- Mark Meadows (N.C.) — Webster
- Rich Nugent (Fla.) — Webster
- Gary Palmer (Ala.) — Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.)
- Bill Posey (Fla.) — Webster
- Scott Rigell (Va.) — Webster
- Marlin Stutzman (Ind.) — Webster
- Randy Weber (Tex.) — Gohmert
- Webster — Webster
- Yoho — Yoho
I wonder how many “Tea Party” favorites or so called “conservatives” did not make this list. Mia Love comes to mind.